Posted: 18 January 2013 2216 hrs

SINGAPORE

The sale of units in the Forestville executive condominium (EC) development was stopped because the developer had launched the project for sale based on a plan with unapproved changes, said the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).

In an email reply to Channel NewsAsia on Friday, URA clarified that “the Forestville case should not be linked or confused with the release of the new measures”.

The new measures cap the maximum strata floor area of new EC units at 160 square metres, restrict the sale of new dual-key EC units to multi-generational families and subject private enclosed spaces and private roof terraces to development charges.

URA said Forestville “had obtained provisional permission from URA before the policy changes”, so it is not subject to the new measures as their designs had been finalised.

The other EC development that had obtained provisional permission as at 11 January 2013, before the policy change, is a project at Woodlands Ave 6/Woodlands Drive 16 that is developed by Opal Star and Binjai Holdings.

A fourth measure, which states that “developers of future EC sale sites from the Government Land Sales (GLS) programme will only be allowed to launch units for sale 15 months from the date of award of the sites or after the physical completion of foundation works”, will only apply to new GLS sites awarded on or after 12 January 2013.

This will not affect the Forestville project as well as six other EC sites last year.

– CNA/ms